Have some ideas for discussion.
Will try and organize some thoughts by category (QoL/Feature/etc.). But will update as I think of more. I understand some of these may be resolved by future UI/code.
Quality of Life
- Filter fleets on radar
- Units display in same order in fleets/fleet scans/shipyards
- Delete LCs/Habitats/SY/LWF etc
- Are you sure? on delete structures. Can toggle on and off if there’s a lot of destroying to do.
- Wait queues for SY/Barracks
- Fleet queue “Move on Tick XXX”
- Reduce alliance size to 15
- Keep 40% of planet stocks on successful invasion
- Introduce new offensive unit - Tank. Costs more, but nullifies soldier defensive bonus. Has no defensive bonus itself and can be captured upon successful invasion. Forces players to choose Soldiers for versatility of offense/defence or Tanks for pure offense. Overall prevents bunkering of planets.
- Make BTS Not Useless Again
- Make resource converters worthwhile (current ratios/energy outputs don’t make it an attractive option).
- Update resource converter costs to be more intuitive to read
- 20% population survives on successful invasion
- Recycling Ships—fleet battles cause metal, mineral and energy debris which can be harvested by special ship class. Encourages fleet battles and maintains competitive edge for people who actually fight.
- Edit fleet queues (change amount of metal/mineral loaded or destination without delete/reupload)
- Display overall output on homepage/planet page
- Mail feature lets you search for rulers if you type a few names
- See alliance member list if click on alliance. Display alliance leader, too.
- Queue trade between fleets.
- Add “Corsaires” – fairly weak ship but no alliance/player tag on it. Just for the lolz of everyone accusing each other for sending ghost fleets in.
- Post community guidelines and rules.
- Get a moderating team that will enforce them.