Current Status (11th August... ish..)

Afternoon all, just a quick update on the status of things…

Work has been progressing on the code porting, all UI elements (with the exception of News / Comms) are functional and working, the primary focus now is handling actions, such as clicking buttons, which I figure could be a useful thing to be able to do. They’re mapping into the new code in a very different way, so porting them isn’t quite as easy, but fortunately implementing the action is easier than rendering a page, so it should progress pretty well.

Once that’s done, all that’s left is to tie in some javascript here and there (Turn Counter, Planet Filters, maybe even graphing the Player / Alliance scores over time, etc) and we should be good to go.

I aim to open general DG signups early next week, with Game signups happening shortly behind for an alpha speed game likely to start Friday evening. There will be additional forum posts in the general announcements area closer to the time.

There’s also a chance that I’ll run a pre-alpha for a day or two, with the only intent being for people to find potential blocking bugs… If that happens, it’ll be posted on discord in the general channel, so keep your eyes open.

Until next week!

7 Likes

And im not here for the weekend.