With the launching of the forums, I guess now is as good a time as any to start providing progress reports (hopefully weekly).
The main development work is currently focused on porting code from 6 years ago into a more modern web framework, while I was planning a large amount of code cleanup, and basic API support, I’ve realised that it’s an impractical objective at this point in time. Time at the moment would be better served providing a functional game, and proceeding from there.
Currently I’m focusing on rendering pages, and ensuring they all make sense from a general user perspective, the planets list is done:
As well as the basic structures for viewing a planet…
There are still some display tweaks to do (make the tabs work, for example, create breadcrumbs etc.)
I’ve also been putting time into working on easy to use Administration tools. While these wont be seen by you guys, they allow me to quickly manipulate the game state without having to spend a lot of time building specialised web pages or options, leaving more time to work on the game.
So just a little fun behind-the-scenes thing.
I’ll trying and keep this forum up-to-date with various progressions as we move towards a functioning game. Still no ETA just yet, but things are moving at pace!
Until next week.